Cleaning and disinfection
Before using the breast pump every time:
Please disassemble all components and wash them with a dishwasher or a neutral detergent. Do not use fungicides or detergents, then put them in a steam sterilizer for disinfection or boiling in boiling water for five minutes.
- When the baby is full and the milk in the breast is not empty, use a breast pump to absorb excess milk.
- The baby is too small or too weak to suck the nipple.
- Breastfeeding mothers cannot breastfeed on time, so that when the milk is full.
- The nipple is ruptured or split and the pain cannot be used to feed the baby directly.
- During breastfeeding mothers taking certain drugs that may be harmful to the baby, breastfeeding should be stopped. At this time, the milk should be sucked out by the breast pump on time.
- The use of breast pump Before using milk, use hot towel to heat the breast, massage to stimulate the areola, and let the breast completely open;
- Milking at a pressure suitable for you;
- Just squeeze out the amount of eight points for milking (maximum time should not exceed 20 minutes);
- Stop breast milk when the breast or nipple feels pain;
- Precautions for using a breast pump Wash your hands before milking or handling breast milk;
- Use a container with a lid when storing breast milk;
- Remove breast milk that has been refrigerated for more than 72 hours;
- Do not put refrigerated breast milk and fresh breast milk together;
- Thaw the refrigerated breast milk or put it in a bowl of warm water for warming before being used for feeding;
- Do not use the microwave to thaw the breast milk or directly heat the breast milk to feed the child. Because the heat is distributed unevenly, it is easy to burn the child’s tongue. In addition, high temperature heating will also destroy some nutrients in breast milk;
- Do not refrigerate breast milk. If the child can’t finish the weight of the meal, the rest will be disposed of. The thawed breast milk cannot be used after 24 hours.
The milk sucked by the breast pump sometimes exceeds the child’s needs. At this time, it must be stored. Improper storage will have a great impact on the quality of the milk, so everyone must pay attention to:
- the excess milk that has been taken must be refrigerated immediately.
- the absorbed milk can be stored in the freezer space for 24 hours and stored in the freezer for 3 weeks. This will ensure that the milk has the best quality when feeding your baby.
- for frozen storage, a specially designed container should be used to store the milk. Make sure the milk is kept under sterile conditions.
- Milk can be heated like other bottled foods, but never in a microwave or boiling water for heating (this changes the composition of the milk and destroys valuable nutrients and antibodies).
- The frozen milk is thawed in the refrigerator the night before the use, and then gradually heated in warm water. Once thawed, it should be used within 24 hours.
- Do not refreeze the thawed milk. Do not mix fresh milk with stored milk.